Spills and Stains
The following information and Stain Removal Index should help you with most spills & stains. For additional help, please contact us at 520-326-7828.
Spill & Stain quick clean-up:
- Work quickly
- Carefully scoop-up solids with a spoon
- Dilute with water if necessary
- Blot – do not rub – excess water & spill material with paper towels or clean cloth
- Always work from the edge towards the center of the spill
- Apply antidote(s) if necessary using our Stain Removal Index on this page
- Brush lightly with clothes brush if needed
- Repeat again starting at step #2 if necessary
- You may need to dry with a fan or hair-blower on low setting
- Finish by restoring pile with a clothes brush
Glue – Saturate the spot with a cloth soaked in vinegar or alcohol
Wax – Put a blotter or brown paper bag over the spot. Put a hot iron over the blotter and let the wax absorb into the blotter. Keep the iron moving to avoid burns.
Ink – Saturate with hairspray and allow to dry, then brush lightly with a solution of water & vinegar.
Chewing Gum – Press on the gum with ice cubes until it becomes brittle enough to break off, then use spot remover if necessary to remove traces.
Stain Removal Index:
(click on an item from the table, then note the recommended procedure displayed at the bottom)
Pick a problem from the index above.
Spill & Stain Emergency Kit:
We highly recommend that you keep a Spill & Stain Emergency Kit on hand. It should contain:
- Clean cloths and paper towels
- A clothes brush
- Mild detergent (no bleaches or alkalies)
- White vinegar
- Dry cleaning fluid
- Weak ammonia (7% solution)
Ship your rug to us for cleaning or repair
UPS Ground and FedEx Home Delivery make it quite affordable to ship rugs from state to state. Call us for a freight estimate, or to arrange for your rugs to be picked up and shipped to us here in Tucson, AZ.
Questions? Call us at 520-326-7828.